"The health of the
school depends upon having a responsible and effective system of governance which assures that the school remains true to its mission and has the necessary
resources to support its operation".
The Board of Trustees’responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for the institution and its mission as a whole,
and not for the separate constituencies.
- Planning, developing and establishing policies.
- Setting the policy of the financial condition of the school,
approving budgets and monitoring them (checks and balances).
- Ensuring that the physical plant of the school serves the mission of the school.
- Organizing and managing itself to fulfill its duties with bylaws,
policies and procedures.
- Contracting, if and when needed, educational or other consultants
to oversee the school's development, advising on the hiring criteria for the
School Principal, assisting in recruitment and training, and developing the
school's improvement plans in line with LWIS-CiS's mission and vision.
- Appointing the school Principal and the school auditor.
- LWIS-CiS BOT is appointed by Beirut Educational Corporation (BEC).
- The Board shall include expertise in educational and business affairs as well as public relations.
- The Board should include at least three members of (BEC) or others nominated by members. The number of Board members will not exceed seven.
- The Board shall be appointed for a term of four years indefinitely renewable.
Present Board members are:
- Mr. Shukri
Husni.................Chairperson - Education Committee
- Dr. Nabil Husni...................Member - Education Committee
- Mr. Rafael Khlat..................Vice-Chair - Finance Committee
- Mr. Theodore Matta............Member
- Mrs. Amal Farhat................Secretary
- Mr. Sleiman Nasr................Treasurer - Finance Committee
- Ms. Roula Rustom..............Member - Education Committee
The School Principal
Dr. Simhairi holds a
doctorate degree in Mathematics and Management Science from Royal Holloway
College, University of London. He has 21 years’ experience in education in
Lebanon as a teacher, Head of Department, School Principal and Chairman of the
Board. In addition, he is a Senior Consultant and Trainer for staff
development, training and appraisal, with the experience of putting three
schools through accreditation with the New England Association of Schools and
Colleges (NEASC). Dr. Simhairi headed the accreditation process for City
International School (CiS) Lebanon whereby LWIS-CiS has become accredited by NEASC. He has also been trained in applying the NEASC 8th edition
international standards governing the entire process of accreditation beginning
with self- assessment.
His experience in school development includes tasks such
as initial planning, financing, building specifications, equipping, recruiting,
training and development, and school improvement planning through the
development of strategic and action plans. As a consultant, Dr. Simhairi is
responsible for designing training programs, overseeing /implementing training,
as well as monitoring and evaluating the overall impact of the training.